The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryTo assist the Spa Director with the daily overall operation of the Spa and Beach Cabana. Responsible to coordinate and supervise massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, attendants and front desk staff.
Advise employees on general property information, in-house groups, policy changes, or other pertinent information. Answer questions about available services, general property information and amenities. Confirm guest first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment. Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day. Advise providers of last minute changes or additions to schedule and resolve scheduling situations as needed. Promote and sell spa/salon services and retail products. Complete requisitions for additional products, supplies, or equipment. Inspect work areas and tools/equipment to ensure conformance to company standards. Notify Engineering of spa/salon maintenance and repair needs. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; develop and implement quality improvement or corrective action plans. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Spa Director.
The position requires a blend of extensive administrative experience, organizational ability, supervisory skills, telephone skills, demonstrated communicative ability, both orally and in writing.
- The work of the position necessitates correspondence and report writing proficiency;
- a neat, professional appearance and an aptitude for public relations in a customer service environment.
- 4-5 years within a luxury hotel or luxury spa experience.
- Knowledge of "Spa Soft" software
- Experience in Hospitality Industry in similar position.
- Previous guest relations training
- Fluency in a second language
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days/evenings/weekends/holidays
- Ability to motivate the front desk and spa team to up-sell, cross-sell and pre-sell services and products by creating incentives with Spa Director to increase revenue sales.