The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Specialist Medical Officer (Radiology)
Job SummaryThe North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person for the position of Specialist Medical Officer (Radiology).
The incumbent will be required to perform all the duties and functions of a Radiologist at a hospital or designated institution. To direct and supervise the work of junior medical officers and other clinical staff in order to ensure all work is performed at the highest level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Reports on all diagnostic imaging modalities available including; Plain X-Rays, Ultrasound, CT, MRI and Fluoroscopy
- Deals with any emergencies that occur in the department in keeping with best practices.
- Ensures efficient and adequate medical coverage in the department and participates in hospital training programmes.
- Serves as a consultant to medical officers of a lower level as well as other medical practitioners in public hospitals.
- Assists in directing staff conferences to discuss medical problems for institutional purposes.
- Communicates with next of kin, particularly where patients or minors are unable to comprehend fully the implications of management options.
- Performs other related duties as required by the job function.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Degree and supplemented with the possession of a specialist diploma and/or post graduate degree in the relevant field.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago as a Medical Practitioner and as a Specialist in the relevant field.
- At least five (5) years post graduate experience in a similar or related job function, any equivalent combination of qualifications, experience and training will also be considered.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged