The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
St. Thomas Station Manager
Job SummaryStations Managers oversee all customer service ground activities for day-to-day operations at our airports.
While providing leadership and motivation to their team, Stations Managers are responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of safety, security and customer service in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Station Manager should have minimum work experience of 1-2 years in an airline or airport capacity such as sales and operational phases of an airline, ground handling or airport management. Proven leadership and analytical skills. Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in a team lead, supervisory or managerial role. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Willing and able to work non-standard work schedules, when necessary, due to changing or unplanned operational need. Possess the legal right to work in the United States. Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Proven work experience building constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers. Experience creating and maintaining departmental budgets
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Service
- Baggage Handling and Control
- Concierge Program
- Handicapped Passengers compliance
- Escorts (FIS and Wheelchairs)
- Passengers and Employees Safety
- Operations Control
- Comply with all Government Agencies pertaining to the Airline Industry
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to, the following:
- In this role, Stations Managers analyse records of daily operations to maintain knowledge of activities.
- Confer and cooperate with upper management in formulating administrative/operational policies and procedures.
- Implement procedures for safe and on-time movement of aircraft through the station by obtaining optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
- Ensure overall station compliance as well as compliance of personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and any Company or government regulations.
- Responsible for meeting all operational performance targets as well as monitoring and controlling the station operating budget.
- May recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment; may negotiate contracts with equipment and material suppliers and approve requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies within limits of facility budget.
- Stations Managers coordinate activities with local airport management, community, regulatory agencies and other stations or headquarters staff.
- Investigate causes of internal and external complaints relating to the facility.
- Participate on operational conference calls, station audits and prepares various reports.
- In most locations, Stations Managers oversee operations with our Codeshare partners flight schedules.
- Many locations have additional ground handling contracts in which our General Managers also oversee the ground operations for other carriers.