The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for the daily servicing and cleaning of guest staterooms and surrounding areas on a prompt and professional basis, and in accordance with the company’s highest standards as outlined.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of staterooms including, but not limited to: make beds/change bed linens; dust/vacuum entire room; restock/reset/remove any amenities as needed; clean all areas of bathroom (walls, ceiling, floor, toilet, shower/drainage, shower curtain, mirrors/chrome); change towels as needed; empty all trash bins.
- Keeps hallways tidy, passable and presentable. Vacuum hallways at the start and end of each shift.
- Provide frequent contact and service to guests in a warm, friendly and polite manner at all times and under all circumstances.
- Maintains the highest standards of cleanliness in all guest staterooms and surrounding areas, proper management system sorting (at source), entry to guest staterooms and reports any suspicious activity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree is required. Some related college education is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills is required.
- Two years’ experience in a Hotel or related establishment is required, or two years’ experience in hotel-related positions on board ships is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.