The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Statistician (SOG/ST 6)
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Senior Agricultural Economist, the Statistician (SOG/ST 6) designs and implements systems and procedures geared towards efficient collection, initial tabulation and analysis of agricultural data and information.
- Evaluates the performance of the Division/Unit in terms of achievement of objectives;
- Assesses and trains staff in conducting surveys and analyzing data.
- Assists in the development of objectives, work schedules and plans for carrying out the various task of the section;
- Designs and maintains a reporting system which ensures that the work of the section is subject to constant review;
- Provides technical guidance and direction to staff members in the Division;
- Prepares quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports on the projects/programmes for the Division;
- Supervises data collection for surveys and censuses;
- Provides sound conclusions and recommendations from analysis;
- Designs, implements and conducts studies in pig, beef and dairy industries to gather information relating to:
- Quarterly and annual production
- Livestock and poultry production;
- Problems encountered in the industries
- Likely periods of gluts and shortage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Goal/results oriented
- Good planning and organizing skills
- High level of initiative
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent data collection skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Good knowledge of GOJ and Ministry policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and other statistical software/computer skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics/ Agricultural Economics with Statistics as Principal subject/Statistics with Economics and working knowledge of Agriculture;
- Two (2) years working experience in calculation, analysis and interpretation of agricultural information
- Good working knowledge of Statistical Software is an asset.
Salary range $1,361,593 – $1,618,506 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.