The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Student Services and Development Manager, Halls of Residence
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Student Services and Development Manager Halls of Residence, Office of Student Services & Development
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include the promotion of student out-of-classroom affective learning, student development through the planning and implementation of learning and development programmes; management of a hall of residence students’ facilities; the management and supervision of staff and resident advisors and contract workers; and fostering a sense of belonging among students in order to present the entire Campus as a learning environment which supports and promotes the University’s mission of advancing education and creating knowledge.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering all aspects of developmental programmes designed for various year groups;
- Collaborating with the Officer responsible for research to conduct needs assessment and sharing trends in students’ characteristics with the campus community;
- Intentionally enhancing students’ leadership skills through advising of student groups, and planning and implementing leadership workshops and seminars;
- Managing and supervising Administrative Staff and Resident Advisors;
- Promoting professional development for staff and Resident Advisors through the identification of training needs, and facilitating participation in related professional development;
- Designing a budget and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the delivery of the required services and the Campus guidelines;
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in the discipline;
- At least 3 years’ experience in student administration at the tertiary level.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.