The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Student Services and Development Manager, Placement and Career Services
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Student Services and Development Manager Placement and Career Services, Office of Student Services & Development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the strategic leadership and direction of the Office that provides career development and job placement services, for undergraduate students.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with departments, faculties, halls of residence and prospective employers regarding their participation in Career development programmes;
- Developing information regarding career development and job placement for students through brochures, fliers and social media; Counselling individual students and groups to assist them in making meaningful career choices and planning their career;
- Annual Orientation: Organizing of the Annual Orientation activities regarding career choices
- Planning and organizingWorld of Work Seminars;
- Job Placement: Organizing seminars on proper work attitudes, resume writing, interviewing techniques, etc., in order to help prepare graduates for world of work; Planning and implementing the Annual On-campus Job Recruitment Programme between public/private sector employers; educational institutions and annual graduating class;
- Researching labour market trends (organizational development) within the Jamaican job market and international job market;
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in the discipline;
- At least 3 years experience in student administration at the tertiary level.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Student Services and Development Manager Halls of Residence, Office of Student Services & Development.