The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Supervisor, Returns Processing (Level 4)
Job SummaryTo manage and coordinate the activities of the Returns Processing and Quality Review Officers, ensuring all Returns are correctly captured and uploaded to the relevant System.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Management and Administrative Duties
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to all staff to ensure that the Unit is effectively managed;
- Participates in the development of the Operation and Work Plans with the supporting budget for the Unit ensuring that all the relevant activities to be under taken and required resources are considered;
- Plans, coordinates and directs all the activities of the functional areas;
- Ensures staff is aware of and operates in accordance with all relevant laws, policies;
- Maintains effective working relations with external and internal stakeholders ensuring that the
- Unit provides a consistently high level of service;
Technical and Professional Duties
- Receives batches of Taxpayers’ Returns and checks them against the Super Batch Control Sheet;
- Ensures the amount of Returns in the batch agrees with that on the Super Batch Control Sheet and date stamps the Control sheet;
- Checks batches and ensures Returns correspond with those on the Fact of Filing Batch Control Sheet;
- Logs all batches received to the System;
- Assigns batches to the relevant Returns Processing Officer;
- Checks the batches of Returns that are processed and returned to ensure they are accurately uploaded and are the ones which were assigned;
- Corrects batches completed by the Returns Processing and Quality Control Officers where necessary;
- Passes all the Returns processed by the Returns Processing and Quality Control Officers to the Manager;
- Collates weekly reports from the Returns Processing and Quality Control Officers;
- Prepares and submits weekly and monthly performance reports;
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Manager, Returns Processing;
Human Resource Management Duties
- Develops and manages the Unit’s HR plan that addresses staff requirements, succession and liaises with the Manager, Taxpayers’ Account & Returns Processing;
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Unit and ensures that they are aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Department;
- Conducts periodical reviews of supervisees in accordance with the Work Plan;
- Completes final performance assessments and recommends appropriate training and development programmes as necessary;
- Initiates and participates in disciplinary proceedings relating to staff members within the Unit and implements corrective measures.
- Working knowledge of the functions and operations of Tax Administration Jamaica;
- Working knowledge of management principles, practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of the Department’s Code of Conduct;
- Working knowledge of ICTAS, RAiS and other computer systems and the relevant applications;
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Very good decision-making, planning, organizing and analytical skills;
- Very good communication, interpersonal and team building skills;
- Very good time management skill;
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Business Management or other related areas;
- At least three (3) years’ work related experience.
- Normal office environment.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.