The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
System Support Officer (MIS/IT4)
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Information Systems Manager, the System Support Officer will implement and maintain the library management system provided to the libraries in the Jamaica Libraries and Information Network and other software.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Designs/reviews and program software applications in response to the Library’s needs;
- Configures and maintain databases and catalogues to provide access to the Library’s collections.
- Migrates data into the library management software, including the conversion of nonstandard data to standards such as MARC 21.
- Implements the library management system provided to Jamaica Libraries and Information Network (JAMLIN).
- Provides technical support as well as plans and delivers software training.
- Documents issues/problems and resolutions related to the maintaining of software for future reference.
- Assists with installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and support of software solutions.
- Contributes to the development of software policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of development, trends and issues in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares monthly progress reports.
Qualification, Experience and Skills/Competencies
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Three (3) years related working experience
- Experience in system analysis and design
- Knowledge and experience of automated library management systems or automated systems and their application
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training in the use of technology
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a part of a team
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary scale $1,406,073 - $1,671,378 p.a.
Commuted motor vehicle allowance $471,972 (with a reliable motor vehicle)
We appreciate all responses, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted