The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Systems Administrator (MIS/IT4)
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Information Systems Manager, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of information systems in support of the Library’s operations and services.
The incumbent is also responsible for the development of products for visually impaired persons.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Installs and configures servers and network devices.
- Regularly monitor the health, security and logs of hardware/software to ensure availability and taking proactive/preventative measures.
- Installs, configures, upgrades, maintains and supports software solutions.
- Develops technical specifications for the procurement and repair of IT equipment.
- Conducts analysis of hardware/software issues and recommends solutions.
- Debugs or upgrade software ensuring compliance with licenses, design and programs.
- Performs selective quality assurance checks on data residing in information systems; carries out maintenance and design procedures for preserving data integrity.
- Performs data re-organization, backups and monitors database security.
- Responds to and address users’ issues escalated from the helpdesk; troubleshoots user and system problems and effects the necessary the necessary corrective actions, liaises with external service providers where necessary to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Delivers training programs for users on the use of new operating systems, applications and databases.
- Creates Digital Talking Books for visually impaired persons.
- Keeps abreast of development, trends and issues in areas of responsibility.
- Prepares monthly progress reports.
Qualification & Experience, Skills/Competencies
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Experience with configuring and maintaining local area network (LAN) and other network devices.
- Experience with Installation and maintenance of Servers and IT related equipment
- Experience with system administration in Windows and LINUX environment
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a part of a team
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Three (3) years related working experience
Salary scale $1,406,073 - $1,671,378 p.a.
We appreciate all responses, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted