The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Scrap Metal Unit of the Ministry of Business invites suitable qualified persons to apply for the position of Systems Analyst which exist at the Ministry of Business
To assist in developing and maintaining the Ministry of Business and Scrap Metal Unit’s information systems, provide technological and operational support and ensure that the Ministry of Business and the Scrap Metal Unit are utilizing appropriate and relevant technologies in all organizational services to meet its organisational objectives.
- Reliable point of contact for recommendations and resolutions of technology related issues.
- Minimised downtime on all computer hardware and software.
- Optimum usage of computer and computer related equipment.
- Efficiently and effectively interface with the Scrap Metal Unit Information System.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Write MySQL queries and retrieve data from the Scrap Metal Unit’s information system.
- Conduct periodic changes to the Scrap Metal Unit’s Information System using languages such as PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Assists in installing PC software/hardware and upgrade systems as necessary.
- Assists in the development of user documentation and other aspects of data needs.
- Assists in serving as liaison between Ministry of Business/Scrap Metal Unit’s users and computer vendors to ensure timely and appropriate responses: maintains inventory of all purchased software programs.
- Assists in developing standard set up environments for the personal computer groups; word processing and spreadsheet PCs, network server and client PCs, and other PC applications.
- Assists in developing and implementation of technical documentation and test plans.
- Assists in conducting users training programs.
- Ensures that all Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks are functioning effectively at all times.
- Extracts feedback from all users of systems to ensure that needs have been met.
- Evaluates software and hardware and makes recommendations of products to Systems Development Officer.
- Serves as a resource for solving routine user problems but which require a good knowledge of hardware and software.
- Understands Ministry of Business and Scrap Metal Unit’s user requirements and recommends purchase of new hardware and software to the Systems Development Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Computer Science plus 2 years of relevant experience in information technology and data management.
- Diploma in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience in information technology and data management.
- Relevant ICT Certifications with 5 years of ICT experience in a server environment.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- The incumbent will be required to possess good communication skills, a drive to achieve results, and the ability to effectively work in a team.
- The incumbent is responsible for the Systems Support Officers of the Ministry of Business.
Directly reports to Systems Development Officer and maintain steady communication with the Head of the Scrap Metal Unit.
Working conditions is primarily within a normal office, however the incumbent will be required to work routinely with computers. He/she will be required to visit external agencies from time to time in the course of the job.