The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Systems Analyst IV
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Systems Analyst IV, Information and Technology Division
Under the direction of the Director, Information and Technology, the Systems Analyst IV is responsible for effective managing the delivery and maintenance of application programmes, integrated systems, and software solutions including databases to support the operations of the Institute. Additionally, the incumbent will lead the work of direct reports and ensure that duties are performed in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- Experience using software delivery methods such as Traditional or Agile
- Training in systems design and development, structured programming including object-oriented programming concepts
- Supervisory training and/or experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience leading a team of developers in building, deploying and maintaining enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Good organizational knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Proficient in the use of systems development tools, project management tools, and work flow tools
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time and project management skills.
- Ability to delegate work effectively in order to meet timelines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Demonstrated effectiveness in enabling change
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing external relationships
In-depth knowledge of:-
- Systems Development Methodologies and Tools – including Traditional, Agile, RAD, UML and Prototyping
- Development Environment – Development of Microsoft Windows and web-based applications using Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio 2015
- Database Development – Thorough knowledge of Relation Database Management Systems such as MS SQL or IBM DB2
- Web-Based Technologies - Including HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS JScript, C# .NET, VB.Net
Summary of Duties
- Assists the Director, Information and Technology with the planning of projects and the coordination of the activities of the systems development team to achieve business goals by prioritizing initiatives.
- Manages the overall operations of the Systems Development and Implementation Unit.
- Prioritizes projects to meet the unit’s objectives and ensures that projects are managed in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget plans for human resource, capital and recurrent expenditure for the Division in accordance with the organization’s operational goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, mentoring and coaching.
- Leads a team of Systems Analysts and Programmer/Analysts in providing Information and Technology services/solutions to support the operations of the Institute.
- Leads consultations with users to determine specific needs/requirements for software systems and services including, the architecting of new systems, the modification of existing systems and providing technical assistance in supporting the work programmes of the Institute.
- Manages the maintenance of systems after implementation in accordance with user requirements including approving amendments to the design, programming, reporting and security procedures as required.
- Assists in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Writes technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guides, etc.
- Conducts fit/gap analyses, configuration options and analyzes the feasibility and analyzes problems and prepares functional work flow diagrams, input and output forms and detailed computer programme specifications.
- Evaluates improvements and possible modifications of existing systems upon request.
- Supports the quality assurance cycle by assisting the testing team and develops test case scenarios for functional enhancements.
- Develops and provides user training as required.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.