The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Systems Engineer (MIS/IT 4)
Job SummaryApplications are incited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Systems Engineer (MIS/IT 4), in the Firearm Licensing Authority.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems, the incumbent will:
- Ensure that the performance and availability of the server and network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standard. Also, to diagnose and resolves complex local area network issues;
- Perform installation and maintenance activities on computer and related peripherals.
- Properly executes the data communication transmission procedures in a timely manner Manages system security by:
- setting up proper backup facilities
- managing password security
- conducting system security checks;
- Prepares sites for network installation;
- Installation and support of new server hardware and software infrastructure;
- Conforms to system schedules;
- Does preventative and corrective maintenance of PC’s, attach peripherals etc., in accordance with directives from the Director;
- Maintains fault log of all equipment maintained;
- Attends to request for equipment maintained promptly;
- Keeps abreast of technological trends and advise the Manager, Information Systems/Analyst of relevant issues;
- Implements and monitors network security;
- Maintains documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures and service records relating to network hardware and software;
- Ensures all request for resources and technical support are dealt with within the guidelines set out in the policies and procedures of the Authority;
- Assists where necessary in repairs, removal and stripping down of hardware.
- Knowledge of computer network systems infrastructure requirements and standards
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and/or related hardware
- Computer network systems planning skills
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution with at least one (1) year experience in a related field;
- Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology with at least three (3) years’ experience in a related field.
Salary range $1,406,073 - $1,671,378 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted and that all applicants will be required to pass a background security check.