The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Technical Specialist 12 / Deputy Chief of Party - IGHI
Job SummaryAbt is seeking well-qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded governance project in Haiti.
This role will entail overall responsibility for contract fulfillment and compliance in country. The DCOP will oversee all of the project’s programmatic and administrative aspects including supervision of a staff of professional, administrative, and clerical employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages operational, financial, and administrative project components including project work planning, budgets, reports, performance management, strategic communications, and other deliverables in close coordination with the Chief of Party, ensuring all are on time and of high quality
- Assumes a leadership role in strategic planning, providing technical direction, and ensuring achievement of overall project results;
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, manage, supervise, and ensure the high-quality work of a team of full-time local and expatriate staff as well as multiple subcontractors
- Represents the project to the Government of Haiti, the U.S. Mission, USAID, key stakeholders, local partners, and the Nation of Haiti at-large;
- Supervises and negotiates contracts for technical services with academic institutions, NGOs, and government agencies.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in management, public policy, public administration, political science, international development, or equivalent;
- Proven, substantial track record of operational, financial, administrative, and personnel management, project compliance and cost containment, and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience implementing national-level governance, local capacity building, human resources management, or like activities;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources to draw conclusions and recommendations;
- Excellent ability to work effectively with counterparts and coordinate various actors such as ministry and government agencies, donors, and NGOs;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues in a complex and politically sensitive environment;
- Understanding of the Haitian national and local government systems highly desirable;
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on USAID-funded projects is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written).
- (10+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. This experience should include at minimum 5 years of experience as a senior manager of large, complex, national-level projects.