The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Technical Specialist (SEG 4)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Technical Specialist (SEG 4) in the Financial Investigations Division of this Ministry.
To guide and monitor the implementation of the policies developed by the management of the Financial Investigations Division, assess the practicality of these systems with a view to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Division's functions, as well as build and maintain relationships with various local and international stakeholders including regional law enforcement bodies to ensure better collaboration and use of resources and effort through integrated and task force approaches.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Provide professional guidance and support to the Chief Technical Director (CTD) on the development, implementation quality assurance and administration of the Division's Statistics Database;
- Assist by way of research and analysis with the development of the Division’s policies and procedures in keeping international best practices;
- Assist the Chief Technical Director by way of research and analysis in the overall development of reforms and measures to enhancement to enhance Jamaica’s framework for Anti-money laundering (AML) and combating the financing of terrorism (CFT)
- Promote the development and maintenance of Jamaica’s relationship with local, regional and international stakeholders in Jamaica’s anti-corruption, AML, and CFT framework in accordance with the statutory framework and Jamaica’s and the Division’s domestic and international obligations;
- Foster good working relations with key stakeholders including the financial sector, designation non-financial institutions and the media in the interest of combating corruption, financial crimes and terrorist financing.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and dissemination of information and communication material to fulfill the obligations under the statutory framework and various international and other agreements;
- Provide technical assistance and co-ordination services in responding to requests for information from Jamaican law enforcement on the areas of AML and CFT by international bodies such as the FATF, CFATF Egmont group and other international bodies.
- Conduct special assignments, research/studies determined by the Chief Technical Director.
- Provide ongoing planning and monitoring support to the office of the Chief Technical Director.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities include:
- Sound knowledge of the policy development process;
- Sound knowledge of research methodologies and planning techniques;
- Sound knowledge of business process improvement tools;
- Knowledge of the laws governing the operations of the FID and governing Jamaica’s AML/CFT framework
- Knowledge of the financial regulatory framework including: - Banking Act, the Financial Institutions Act, Insurance Act, the Companies Act, the Bankruptcy Act and all other relevant legislations; - the Corruption (Prevention) Act, Terrorism Prevention Act, Proceeds of Crime Act and other relevant legislations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master's Degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Organisational Development, Criminal Justice, Law or related discipline with at least five (5) years' in a similar or related management position.
- BSc. in International Relations, Public Administration, Organisational Development, Criminal Justice, Law or related discipline
- At least seven (7) years' in a similar or related capacity;
- Salary: $2,593,142.00 - $3,082,431.00 per annum
- Travelling: $1,341,624.00 per annum