The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Technician I – Network Operations Centre
Job SummaryTo operate, administer and maintain Network Operations Centre (NOC) facilities in order to maintain a 99.95% uptime for the infrastructure provided by the eGovernment Agency.
- Well-maintained NOC solutions.
- High availability of all eGovernment equipment in accordance with approved SLAs.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Participate as part of the implementation team of the NOC section.
- Responsible for the commissioning and decommissioning of devices within the department.
- Responsible for all aspects of cabling (fibre and copper) within the department.
- Assist with maintaining a suitable spares inventory.
- Hands on involvement in the operations and maintenance of the NOC infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the CTO, Manager of the Data Centre Services, senior ICT Engineer and other staff to establish eGovernment Agency standards and best practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study from a recognised university, OR an equivalent certification from a recognized institution; PLUS five (5) years experience.
- Ability to read engineering drawings such as cable run list schematics, following in-rack connections.
- NOC standards and technology, including network design and operations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
The incumbent is required to make decisions consistent with established and approved designs, rules, regulations and precedence, but must exercise some original thinking and creativity in solving problems to meet set deadlines. Errors may not come to light immediately, which may impact the high availability of eGovernment Network and services, which can ultimately lead to public dissatisfaction.
- Responsible for monitoring the network.
- All tools, materials and ICT systems assigned at a given time.
- Regular written / oral communication with the following groups/persons:
- Manager, Data Centre Services
- NOC team
In addition to normal office conditions, the incumbent is required to travel and work away from the office including hinterland and rural locations in all ten Administrative Regions. The incumbent is also required to work outside of normal office hours, weekends and holidays, and respond to emergency call-outs when necessary.