The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Technology Systems Manager
Job SummaryThe Guyana Bank for Trade & Industry is seeking a management level officer to provide the key link between operational business requirements and Information Technology, bridging the needs of the business with modern banking technology.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE ARE:
- Provide guidance, analysis & support on major business enhancing technological projects of the Bank.
- Supervise the Card Centre of the Bank and oversee external relationships with card vendors, International transaction processors, rewards programme providers and call centre support.
- Engage banking technology vendors for Website and Mobile Banking to ensure that the Bank's offerings are constantly upgraded to remain current with customer demands and trends.
- Ensure that external designers/suppliers have appropriately detailed and signed off processes and information requirements to develop software correctly and ensure occupational acceptance.
- Help to develop and promote a culture that recognises continuous technological improvement that benefits business goals.
- Communicate the future vision for business and systems through meetings and written material.
- Working with the key business managers in order to elicit, analyze and validate requirements for business processes and information systems. To support project sponsors with the identification, definition and quantification of business benefits
- To understand business problems, risks and opportunities as well as the business objectives and recommend solutions to ensure that the systems in place, today and for the future, are the most appropriate in terms of industry standards and best practices
- To work closely with external designers/suppliers to ensure that they have a clear understanding of business priorities and user requirements.
- To identify and engage key stakeholders, providing effective communication to all parties and minimizing resistance to change.
- To work with internal stakeholders to ensure that design, delivery and implementation are appropriately coordinated.
- To evaluate the performance of projects and benefits realization using Post Implementation Reviews.
- To support the supervision of the Bank's Call Centre.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged