The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Spectrum Management Authority (SMA) is seeking to identity a Telecommunications Engineer (Monitoring & Inspection).
The main duties of the Telecommunications Engineer is to:
- Verify frequency records and identify unauthorized use of the spectrum.
- Verify the proper technical and operational characteristics of the transmitted signals
- Identify and assist in resolving cases of spectrum interference.
- Measure occupancy of the spectrum band and provide analysis reports.
- Perform routine maintenance and diagnostics checks on the Remote Monitoring and Direction Finding System (RMDFS).
- Report hardware and software faults involving the RMDFS to equipment manufacturer and perform troubleshooting of hardware and software components.
- Manage an active inventory of RMDFS spares
- Recommend system improvement.
- Perform Type Approval Certification of radio transmitting devices prior to being imported and sold on the Jamaican market.
- Plan, evaluate and assess site visits of radio communication and broadcasting systems to ensure compliance with policies, standards and validation of system performance, capacity and bandwidth requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Understanding of the Jamaican wireless communication environment,
- High level of proficiency in the use of computer applications.
- Experience in the use of specialized equipment such as spectrum analyzers, direction finding processors and remote sensing devices.
- Good understanding of one or more of the commonly used wireless communication technologies. e.g. LTE, CDMA or GSM would be an asset.
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Good understanding of microwave path design would he an asset.
- At least four (4) years working experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Shone analytical and problem-solving skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.