The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Training and Development Manager
Job SummaryTo ensure that the implementation of OCI training programs and service standards result in exceptional guest satisfaction, excellent crew morale and welfare, and positive business results by:-
- Leading, coordinating, and implementing management and crew training.
- Supporting managers in the reinforcement of crew development
- Maintaining a productive and supportive professional working partnership with the Captain, GM, and colleagues at all times
- Leading and supporting employee recognition programs.
- Maintaining documents and data required for talent management
- Supports the coordination of all crew welfare activities
- Maintaining operational continuity with a systematic and consistent handover procedure for replacement Training and Development Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Development or similar
- At least 3 years experience in the hospitality field in a training capacity
- Previous shipboard experience required;
- Understanding of the highest level of service; ideally worked in the premium or luxury market
- Strong working knowledge of ship and the various depts.
- Be able to target opportunities for service improvement through training and coaching.
- Be a self-starter and able to target service and training priorities, take action and exhibit excellent follow up
- Maintain a trusted profile with Heads of Departments as a pro-active and flexible support person.
- Well organized; a multi-tasker
- Excellent communication skills; good written and spoken English
- Strong leadership skills and practice ‘leadership by example;
- Excellent administrative skills; computer literate Word/Excel/Fidelio/MXP and similar
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible; able to Host tables and socialize at required level for this position
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to perform well under pressure;
- Excellent appearance