The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Training Manager is responsible for implementation and monitoring property-wide employee training programs.
The incumbent will conduct ongoing “needs” assessments, develop and support an extensive train-the-trainer program, design training support materials to include audio-visuals and written information.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree.
- Minimum of one year in Human Resource experience required or 5 years management/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two year training activities preferably in the hospitality branch.
- PC Skills – data entry, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication in English, Papiamentu and Dutch. Spanish is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong employee relation skills.
- Develop a course catalog to include course descriptions, objectives, target audience and methods of instruction.
- Maintain and update as needed the Supervisors’ Survival Guide and conduct one-on-one training with new managers and supervisors.
- Conduct New-Hire Employee Orientation and organize (or conduct if bi-lingual) Spanish New-Hire Employee Orientation quarterly.
- Develop and instruct Re-Orientation in English and Spanish for all employees after 2 years of employment and again after 5 years of employment.
- Monitor the Training Activity Checklist program for all departments. Review training materials annually and provide support as needed.
- Conduct Quarterly Benchmark Service Commitment training and support the Training Team in their efforts. Spearhead the review of all Department Service Standards and assist with updates as needed.
- Prepare monthly meeting topics for all Departments (including Benchmark Hospitality, Safety and Policy and Procedure information) and monitor use by collecting minutes from all departments.
- Organize and aid in conducting quarterly new supervisor/manager training to include such topics as Interviewing Skills, Harassment Prevention, Worker’s Compensation Information, Coaching and Counseling and more.
- Present a monthly “management development” topic for training at Department head meetings on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate Benchmark University annually.
- Coordinate in-house TIPS alcohol training and CPR training annually.
- Maintain, update and “advertise” an in-house library to include training videos, books and publications.
- Coordinate various programs in conjunction with the educational needs of employees.
- Data entry into HRIS all property wide training information (attendance and training requirements) and generate reports for training needed by individuals.
- Inform Director of Human Resources of any variances from company policies.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and fellow employees at all times. Maintain a position of high visibility within the property.
- Aid co-workers in employee relations’ activities as needed.
- Attend all Human Resource functions and assist in implementation as required.
- Must be available and willing to answer employee questions and assist in employee issues at all times.
- Will perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Human Resources.