The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Transmission & Distribution Manager
Job SummaryThe Anguilla Electricity Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Transmission & Distribution Manager.
This position works closely with the senior leadership team and is responsible for leading and maintaining the day to day operations of the Transmission and Distribution Department. Primary functions of the post include to manage the operations and maintenance of the T&D systems and manage the human, financial and material resources to achieve the Company’s work targets.
Duties & Functions:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the extension and modification of the T&D system.
- Develop/maintain a culture of continuous improvement within the department. Utilize lean principles and other continuous improvement tools to maximize the efficiency of the department.
- Develop and recommend standards, procedures and specifications to be used in the T&D system.
- Develop/maintain a culture of safety within the department. Support the utility’s safety programmes, ensure adequate training, and provide safe working conditions and practices.
- Prepare budget estimates and administer approved budgets.
- Prepare operational, informational and statistical reports as required.
- Prepare operating schedules for the T&D Department in consultation with supervisors to inform the T&D crews of the allocation of assignments.
- Coordinate the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme for the T&D system.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the system to minimize supply interruption.
- Ensure quality customer service is provided and that work is completed accurately, thoroughly, safely, timely, and that employees are as productive as possible.
- Ensure the effective utilization of available human, financial and material resources to meet work targets.
- Make recommendations for hiring, promotion, evaluation, discharge, or other disciplinary action. Review apprentice and journeyman evaluation.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding work procedures, technical issues, work priorities, and special requests.
- Interact with customers, coordinating and scheduling planned outages, and handling customer enquiries and complaints as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required by the job function.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Eight years of responsible experience that includes the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Five years’ managerial experience in Transmission & Distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, with ability to build productive professional relationships and promote a team atmosphere
- Superb managerial skills
- Good judgment and reasoning skills
- Problem identification, analysis and solving
- Project management
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues.
- Ability to drive results and ensure work is accomplished properly, safely, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan, direct and control the engineering design, construction, operations and maintenance of the Company’s transmission and distribution system to ensure a reliable supply of electricity is transmitted to our consumers at all times.
- Ability to effectively monitor the utilization of human, financial and material resources to establish and maintain effective levels of productivity and ensure the application of established safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to supervise, direct and plan engineering projects.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to review, prepare and present technical, financial and other complex reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the job.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to assign and review the work of employees and provide proper instructions in a manner conducive to improved performance and high morale.
- Competitive salary and generous vacation package
- Medical Plan
- Relocation assistance available
Closing date for the application to this post is August 21st 2017.