The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Transport sector specialist
Job SummaryChemonics seeks a short-term transport sector specialist for USAID's upcoming climate change adaptation activity: the Thought Leadership and Assessments (ATLAS) project.
ATLAS aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of USAID’s and countries’ development programs to reduce climate risks through tested and harmonized approaches to adaptation assessments, thought leadership, and capacity development. This position is based in Jamaica, and would require the individual to have prior knowledge in regards to the local transportation sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide short-term technical assistance to improve resilience in Jamaica's transport sector
- Utilize prior experience in the Jamaican transport sector, including the tourism sector, ports, container traffic, and transport infrastructure
- Leverage established relationships with Jamaican government ministries and agencies relevant to the transport sector
- Other job duties as required
- Degree in engineering, transport management, urban development, or a related field
- Minimum five years of progressive professional experience in the transportation sector
- Knowledge of and experience with climate proofing transportation infrastructure and vulnerability assessments
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English required