The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Unit Assistant, Office of the Legal Advisor
Job SummaryApplications are invited from interested and suitably qualified nationals of Member States and Associate Member States to fill the position of Unit Assistant, Office of the Legal Advisor at the Association of the Caribbean States.
- Draft letters, faxes, verbal notes, circular notes, emails, or any other documents, in the official languages of the ACS - Spanish, English and French (where applicable);
- Render logistical assistance including the preparation of documents for all meetings under the purview of the Legal Unit;
- Translate short documents;
- File electronic and hard-copies of documents related to the Unit;
- Copy and forward all correspondences to the general archives of the Secretariat;
- Dispatch correspondences via mail, courier, hand, fax and/or email when requested;
- Manage emails as required;
- Arrange appointments and manage the agenda of the Legal Advisor in a timely diplomatic and conscientious manner, providing confirmations, regrets, and reminders to all concerned;
- Prepare dossiers for the official missions of the Legal Advisor, coordinating with other Directorates, officials and related institutions and/or personnel as necessary;
- Prepare the Value Added Tax (VAT) and gas claims for the Legal Advisor;
- Assist in the follow up of the medical claim submitted to the Human Resource Unit by the Legal Advisor;
- Assist the Legal Advisor with personal matters which he/she requests, within the parameters of the organisation;
- Participate in events, seminars, workshops and conferences when requested;
- Assist with reception duties in order to relieve the Receptionist during scheduled breaks or in his /her absence from office; and
- Perform any other general administrative duties assigned by the Legal Advisor.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's) in International Relations, Law and/or any other relevant field.
- Experience :
- drafting reports and providing administrative support services; and/or
- working in an international or inter-governmental organisation will be considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- English, French and Spanish are the official languages of the ACS. For the position advertised, the candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in two (2) of the official languages of the ACS. Fluency in one (1) of the official languages (other than the native language) is required. Supporting certificates of language proficiency must be attached. A working knowledge of a third language will most certainly be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Ability to work independently.
- Monthly Remuneration: $7,720.44 Trinidadian Dollars (tax exempted); and
- Group Health Insurance.
Currriculum vitae. University degree certificate. Language Certificates (not in first language). Names of three referees and contact information.
Candidates must present the following documents for consideration:
- Full Curriculum vitae, stating nationality;
- University degree certificate;
- Language Proficiency certificates (not native tongue);
- Names of three (3) referees and contact information.
Applicants must complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form. Failure to complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form will result in automatic rejection of the application.
Duration of appointment: 11 months
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. These candidates will also receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.