The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Vice President Managing Director and General Manager
Job SummaryWe are seeking a driven, motivated leader who knows that being the best means having vision and following through on that vision.
Are you looking to join a progressive hotel management company with unlimited career growth potential? How about the opportunity to get on board with a world class team as the leader for The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa with 343 re-imagined guestrooms and 10,000 square feet of renovated indoor meeting space along with the Sunshine Suites Grand Cayman with an additional 130 suites? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a driven, motivated leader who knows that being the best means having vision and following through on that vision. This is a highly empowering position requiring high energy and the ability to motivate, cultivate and mentor a high performance team devoted to surpassing the goals you set for them. We value forward thinking, progressive and creative personalities. We provide the resources; you provide the leadership, inspiration and results. This is a chance to develop a unique culture and develop a personal and professional brand.
As the Vice President Managing Director and General Manager, you must be self motivated with exceptional communication skills and solid business sense. If you want to have a big impact on our success, love developing a high performance team and have the track record to prove it, we want to hear from you!
The Vice President Managing Director and General Manager has overall responsibility for the successful operation of the Westin Grand Cayman and the Sunshine Suites Grand Cayman and for meeting or exceeding their financial objectives. The individual will also work closely with the Senior Vice President of Operations, Corporate staff and other disciplines to ensure appropriate accountability in guest and employee relations, management of risk, internal financial and operational controls, budget, as well as protection and growth of assets for the owner.
The Vice President Managing Director and General Manager:
- Directs the total operation of the Resorts to maintain established cost and quality standards
- Drives associate experience - meets or exceeds employee satisfaction benchmarks
- Achieves guests' satisfaction goals and ensures maintenance and security of the hotel's physical assets
- Develops and updates the business plan for the resorts and monitors financial performance
- Drives Revpar, Revpar index and Revenue per guest
- Administers company policy and procedures
- Assures staff are recruited, selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards while "providing service beyond expectations"
- Hands on leadership of teams
- Drives GOP, Flow thru and NOI per key
- 4 year college degree in Hotel Restaurant Management, Accounting/Finance, Business or equivalent preferred.
- Proven record as a successful leader and effective communicator as a General Manager with measurable results in all key financial, revenue generation and guest and employee relation bench marks.
- Must have at least 7-10 years of resort general management operations experience.
- Island experience a highly desired.