The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Vice Principal – Academic Affairs
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitable qualified candidates to fill the post of Vice Principal – Academic Affairs.
Reporting to the Principal, the incumbent is the chief academic officer of Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts and is responsible for academic leadership and initiative for the development of new programmes relevant to current needs in the Caribbean and to ensure the maintenance of high quality in all academic programmes and their related areas and is responsible for planning, directing and co-ordinating the academic and technical programmes/affairs of the College to ensure efficient delivery.
- Initiates new programmes as appropriate and assist in the review of current programmes;
- Provides leadership in the maintenance and development of academic standards;
- Keeps abreast of all new academic trends especially in relation to syllabus content and development;
- Liaises with external accrediting bodies;
- Serves as consultant and advisor to committees dealing with subject matter in academic affairs;
- Develops and implement systems and procedures for the management and maintenance of students' records, admissions, assessments, certification and accreditation;
Applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Masters Degree in a related field
- Certificate in Management Studies/Supervisory Management
- Strong project management, grant writing and policy writing.
- Five (5) years’ experience at a Senior Level in a Tertiary level Educational Institution. Experience must include serving in the following areas – development and administration; curriculum design, budgeting, strategic planning and the use of technology in higher education
Basic Salary (Range) - $3,052,920 – 3,539,171 per annum
Allowances - $980,400 per annum
Travelling Allowance - $471,972 per annum (with motor car) OR $215,280 per annum (without motor car)