The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Vice Principal – Administration & Resource Development
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitable qualified candidates to fill the post of Vice Principal – Administration & Resource Development.
The incumbent is the chief administrative officer of Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts and provides administrative and resource management leadership and strategic direction for the College through areas such as student affairs & alumni services, assets and facilities management, procurement management, multimedia, information technology and marketing services.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure institutional effectiveness
- Seeks opportunities, as well as guide College functionaries on, funding of capital development and capital improvement projects and other fundable areas so as to enable operating units to perform their functions in support of the College’s mission.
- Assists with the development of external funds to support programmes and projects.
- Provides leadership and vision to ensure effective operation of portfolio divisions.
- Implements programmes and services that support both the accomplishment of the College’s mission and the continuation of the College’s operational status.
- Oversees the development, delivery and championing of a coherent and effective programme of business support and commercial development, building the College’s reputation as a major contributor to economic development in the area and supporting the College’s strategy for income generation.
- Develops, maintains, and supports working partnerships with the community, business, industry, and other educational organizations to promote the College.
Applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- MBA with an emphasis in operational/systems management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Education, educational leadership or equivalent
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in higher education. Management experience must include several or more of the following areas: procurement management, capital planning, facilities management, student services, material management, and transportation services;
The ideal candidates for the positions should also:
- Have an appreciation for Caribbean art and culture
- Have an awareness of current thinking on the importance of the arts in general education
- Have proven administrative and academic leadership ability
- Have knowledge of the Education Act and the regulations of the Ministry of Education as regards tertiary institutions
- Strong project management, grant writing and policy writing skills
- Sound knowledge of curriculum development and planning
- Have knowledge and experience of budget preparation, strategic planning and institutional management/academic administration
- Be highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Government policies and procedures relating to resource management, procurement management, and contract management;
- Sound knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act;
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance in academic programmes at the tertiary level in relation to support requirements for technical and non-technical operations in administrative areas;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Government’s Cultural Policy in relation to the direction and effectiveness of the College;
Basic Salary (Range) - $3,052,920 – 3,539,171 per annum
Allowances - $980,400 per annum
Travelling Allowance - $471,972 per annum (with motor car) OR $215,280 per annum (without motor car)