The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Victim Services Clerk (PIDG/RIM 2)
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to provide efficient and effective clerical support functions to the Parish Offices.
The incumbent will also assist in the delivery of victim support services when necessary by receiving and processing clients, providing preliminary screenings.
- Assists in client intake process in the absence of technical staff by receiving clients, registering them and assigning them to a technical staff,
- Assists in the co-ordination of workshops for the Parish Office;
- Receives, interviews and records referral of crime victims from the Police, Courts and other Institutions in the absence of technical staff;
- Processes incoming mail for action as necessary;
- Assigns document reference codes to all documents to facilitate placement of the document on the appropriate file;
- Maintains security of records and files;
- Reviews and prepares files for transfer to national office;
- Types all necessary correspondence for dispatch;
- Takes notes and reproduces confidential and other correspondence;
- Records all mail received and dispatched;
- Assists in the management of the office’s physical resources, such as printers, computers, phones etc. and arranging for the prompt repair or replacement of faulty equipment;
- Advises manager when supplies are needed;
- Maintains the diary and logs of Parish Office.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Ability to work in a team
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Graduation from a Secondary Institution with four (4) subjects at the CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level, including English Language and a numeric subject plus a minimum of three to four (3-4) years’ experience at the Level 1 or an equivalent academic training and experience.
Salary range $640,392 - $761,225 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.