The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAs a film or video editor, you’ll be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcasting.
The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You’ll usually work closely with the Communications Officer to achieve the desired end result.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using industry standard non-linear editing software to compile, edit and produce video packages for Newscasts, documentaries, commercials and features
- Ingesting and correctly cataloguing raw footage captured by videographer
- Using additional editing software to enhance footage using color correction techniques and audio software to make minor adjustments
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing a plus
- Creative mind and storytelling skills