The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryUniversity of The Bahamas is pleased to invite applications for the position of Video Producer.
The Video Producer in the Office of University Relations is responsible for the comprehensive production of a broad range of video content which projects various aspects of University of The Bahamas to national, regional and international audiences. This includes collaborating with University constituents to determine needs, developing concepts and scripts, and filming and editing to produce video narratives which promote the UB brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The position of Video Producer is required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Meet and collaborate with University constituents including administrators, faculty and department leaders on video projects needed to promote and market programme development, operational and infrastructural advancements, campus activities, and events;
- Conceptualize video projects, plan video shoots, and develop relevant scripts for various projects that meet the goals and objectives of the institution;
- Coordinate all technical aspects of video projects;
- Execute on-site/on-location and off-campus shoots including audio, camera operation and talent direction as needed;
- Edit and produce final, quality video and audio content for digital and online media;
- Perform post-production tasks, including reviewing footage and providing rough cuts to supervisors for approval of editorial content;
- Compress/encode video projects for output, making them available in a variety of formats;
- Advise, recommend and implement best practices for the management of a large video archive;
- Provide and upload video content for various social media channels inclusive of the terms for search engine optimization;
- Troubleshoot in dynamic situations, and resolve technical issues as they arise;
- Perform additional duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An advanced understanding of television and radio show production, logistics and story development.
- Strong skills in show development, design and implementation of content.
- Proficiency in ENG & EFP and studio and field production.
- Troubleshooting technical difficulties in interface with Mac computers, audio board mixers and playback.
- Proficiency in converting and providing audio content for traditional and new media.
- High level of proficiency working with Adobe Premiere Software and Final Cut Pro software and video production.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in written communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and conduct professional interviews.
- Ability to work efficiently under competing, high pressure deadlines.
- A relevant baccalaureate degree in Video Production, Film Production, Television Production or a related discipline AND
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the areas of broadcast television preferably network level.
- At least one year in radio production is preferred.