The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Mechanical Plant & Project Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions as Senior Plant Mechanic on staff include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain all functional wastewater treatment equipment, the re-use system and control system.
- Collect samples from influent flow, effluent flow and operation basins to meet permit requirements and assess system performance.
- Maintain accurate data records on operational parameters, daily activities, maintenance and collected samples for compliance reporting and operational analysis.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment in the wastewater treatment plant with the cooperation of maintenance department staff.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices including but not limited to wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, safe chemical handling and fall restraints.
- Perform other function related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a waste water operator 2 license.
- Possess at least (3) years of experience in the operation of an activated sludge wastewater plant
- Must be able to work in a wet environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.