The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Wireless Network Expert
Job SummaryChemonics seeks a wireless network expert for a two-week assignment under the USAID Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) project in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
IFMS helps to provide continued support to the Haitian government for the restoration, operation, and expansion of both the IFMS-related network infrastructure and financial management systems. The project is working to improve IFMS functionality, access, security, and accountability of the system; development of business continuity and contingency plans; and alignment of Haitian government business processes and technology. The wireless network expert will restore and upgrade the IFMS network, a Haitian government-owned microwave network consisting of 51 sites in the greater Port-au-Prince area. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Evaluate the performance of the Wireless Bridge Cisco 1532
- Support hardware and software procurement and training across a broad spectrum of Haitian government financial functions
- Review the current IFMS network layout
- Calculate "link budget" (distances), path loss, and wave propagation principles for each wireless bridge model
- Conduct testing of each wireless bridge model and resolve technical issues
- Prepare report with recommendations detailing which bridges should be installed on each site and the configuration of each type of wireless bridge
- Degree in computer science, telecommunications, or similar field.
- Minimum five years of experience in telecommunication, analysis, installation, and optimization
- Strong working knowledge installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco Wireless Bridge; experience with Cisco Aironet 1532 a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent English language skills required