The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Women's Basketball Coach/PE Instructor
Job SummaryThe position is responsible for the Women’s basketball program, which will compete in the LAI and NAIA leagues and against other regional and national collegiate teams.
- The successful person would assist in recruitment, and building a team, and coordinating team development on both campuses.
- The Coach will also help with coordinating tournaments for the sport.
- As the Women’s Basketball Coach/PE Instructor, the position will provide teaching in health and physical education that are part of the general education requirement for all students.
- The successful candidate should possess the skills or ability to work with a Teacher Education Program in meeting Professional Standards in Health Education’ as required by its accrediting body.
- This position will be in the School of Education, with oversight by the Athletic Director for the coaching duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preference will be given to applicants with degrees in the areas of Physical Education, Sports Management, or related areas.
- Coaching experience is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking communication skills; computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Current certification with national certification organization (ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE) preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification also preferred.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee will be required to stand, bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist, grip items when necessary, hear and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment will probably be moderate to loud at times.