The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryIf you are outgoing, energetic, detail oriented and dedicated to over-the-top customer service, then this very rewarding opportunity is for you.
In addition to your daily wage, Holland America Line provides the following compensation:
- Roundtrip flights, pre-embarkation hotel and ground transportation to the ship.
- On board accommodations.
- All meals to be taken in the guests’ restaurant Lido Café.
- Complementary laundry services.
- All on board medical services provided and paid for by HAL. (Shore side medical attention is at the employee’s expense).
- Most uniform pieces, (white tennis shoes and a brown leather belt are supplied by the employee).
- On board discounts; lounges, shops, internet services and satellite telephone.
- Achieve performance goals for the HAL Youth Programs including Kids (3-7); Tweens (8-12) and Teens (13-17).
- Implements and coordinates age-appropriate activities for group as assigned by the on board Youth Program Coordinator.
- Socializes with and is highly visible to guests and parents.
- Assists the Youth Program Coordinator and Cruise Director as necessary.
- Assists as necessary with embarkation procedures.
- Perform group-babysitting duties as necessary.
- Socializes, interacts and maintains high visibility among guests.
- Under the direction of the Cruise Director assists in all projects or duties necessary for the implementation of on-board programming including but not limited to entertainment related functions, activities and events.
- Attends required abuse risk management training.
- Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising youths.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years documented work with children.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Physically fit and able to perform duties that include physical excursion. This may include running up several flights of stairs.
- Energetic and able to clearly communicate with our guests.
- Organized and proactive.
- Professional, polished and guest service oriented.
- Able and willing to dedicate up to 10 hours per day/ 7 days a week to the children and families of Club HAL.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks to be completed by Holland America Line.
- In possession of a valid passport.
- Must be able to obtain and successfully pass a full physical. All expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in a second language is preferable and is required for select itineraries.